The Hinesville Ice Company, owned and operated by Henry Lowe, sold sacked ice for 50¢ per 100 pounds in 1917.
Frederick W. and Inez Tippins Mingledorff purchased the Hinesville Ice Company in 1938. They established the first public water supply system in Hinesville the same year, and their firm became the Hinesville Ice and Water Company. The population of Hinesville at that time was less than 400.
From "Sweet Land of Liberty, A History of Liberty County, Georgia" by Robert Long Groover; Page(s) 79, 98-99; Used by the permission of the Liberty County Commissioners Office