The Coastal Bank on East South Street in Hinesville opened for business on December 23, 1954. Its president was R.C. Brooks, its vice president was Charles A. Purser, and its cashier was E.C. Maulden. Its first depositor was "Salty" Hightower.
From "Sweet Land of Liberty, A History of Liberty County, Georgia" by Robert Long Groover; Page(s) Epilogue; Used by the permission of the Liberty County Commissioners Office