Hinesville Lions Club (1937)

 

Eugene E. Torrance succeeded E.A. Dutton as president of the Savannah Lions Club on May 27, 1937. Torrance intensified efforts to establish Lions Clubs in other Coastal Empire towns and cities. One of his first efforts after he took office was in Liberty County.

 

The Hinesville Lions Club was established in the autumn of 1937. R.M. Ryon was its first president, and it had 13 charter members. One of the first efforts of the Hinesville Lions Club was providing eyeglasses for needy children.

 


From "Sweet Land of Liberty, A History of Liberty County, Georgia" by Robert Long Groover; Page(s) 93; Used by the permission of the Liberty County Commissioners Office

 

 

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

 

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )